At CLARK we believe that the significant things in life should be simple. With this vision in mind, we have set out to create an application which makes it easier, simpler, and faster for consumers to manage their insurances - all in one central place where changes can be done with just a few clicks. Our secret sauce is to combine a best-in-industry user experience with honest and independent advice from insurance experts.
Since our founding in 2015, we have served over 300,000 satisfied customers. We are extremely proud of more than 250 employees from over 40 nations, working from our offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Vienna and Püttlingen. We were recognized by the German tech magazine Gründerszene as the fastest growing technology company in Germany for 2019.
Now we want your help to get us to the next level.
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead the end-to-end health of the shared infrastructure and platform services to power our products, services and employees, reporting directly to the CPTO.
- Partner with CPTO and VP Product Engineering to translate product and engineering strategy into a clear and actionable platform engineering roadmap, objectives and key results. Frequently communicate the strategy and business impact to stakeholders
- Collaborate with senior product and engineering managers on project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics and service levels)
- Support/lead the architecture team so they can build core services and set standards to enable the efficient development of the platform.
- Enable a reliable and secure operations environment, so that product engineering teams can move fast, autonomous and be accountable for operating their application.
- Collaborate with the compliance team and lead your security engineers and officers to manage risk efficiently and effectively, so that our business and customers are safe
- Take ownership for the availability and evolution of platform application services that are used across teams
- Attract and retain a passionate team of engineers and engineering leaders. Lead engineering teams working on infrastructure, CI/CD, developer experience and operational tooling and automation
- Operate and evolve an efficient and cost effective IT team to provide best support for our employees in all our subsidiaries and while working remotely.
What you bring
- 10+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software and operations in a similar leadership role
- Strong technical background in cloud technologies, distributed systems, web technologies, contemporary data technologies
- Experience building and maintaining (hybrid) mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Data informed, KPI driven and a strong focus on achieving outcomes and delivering value
- Expert in building, scaling, and operating high performing, high traffic web applications
- Experience in designing and building distributed systems and systems integrations based on synchronous and asynchronous (messaging-based) communication patterns
- Successfully completed ISO or BSI C5 audits with test of effectiveness
- Strong business acumen and high work ethics with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Very strong English communication skills. German skills would be a great plus
- Experience managing teams with > 10 million Euro yearly budget
- Demonstrated capability to inspire and motivate engineering teams
- Past experience working with SaaS solutions like Salesforce is a plus
- Background in B2C and financial industry would perfectly round off your profile
Everyone offers perks like free coffee, free drinks, flat hierarchies. We offer you all that but more in the shape of:
- A multicultural environment with international colleagues.
- Subsidised job ticket and a company pension.
- A lot of freedom: You want to pursue further education? An MBA was always a dream of yours? We offer you support for your education while working with us.
- Support for relocation - and we don't mean only a work permit. The process of getting you here and the costs associated with it are all supported.
- Fear of not speaking the language? We offer beginner and advanced German and English classes in house.
- Want to inspire and share knowledge? We have you covered with our weekly Tech Brown Bag speech.
- And last but not least: Sure, we know how to celebrate success! We offer you quarterly company events, monthly team lunch & breakfast as well as our weekly Friday get together.
Sounds exciting? We agree, and we cannot wait to have your application!
CLARK is an equal opportunity employer.
We're all about equal opportunity and committed to inclusion across gender, age, race, religion, identity and experience!