Group Head of IT (m/f/x)
CLARK Group is one of the world's leading insurtechs. As the first unicorn company from Frankfurt, we are on the mission to become Europe's best insurance advisor. We develop technological solutions and mobile apps that enable our customers to manage, compare and optimize their insurance policies online in the most convenient way. The digital user experience is complemented by personal advice from trained experts. In total, CLARK Group includes around 30 brands offering the best possible insurance experience to more than 2 million customers in six European markets.
The advantages of our innovative technology and our customer-focused culture unite us as one group. We are supported by investors such as Allianz X, Portage, White Star Capital, Yabeo and Tencent. Every day, over 700 employees from more than 40 nations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the UK, France and the Netherlands shape the digital insurance world of tomorrow. Become a part of this international team and join us on our path to success.
As Clark’s Group Head of IT, you will
- the responsible leader for the internal IT, which looks after all the technology needs of our employees at Clark Group as well as at several countries
- ensure the smooth and cost efficient operation of helpdesk support, hardware management, employee on/off-boarding
- be the servant leader of a team of 8 people located in Frankfurt and Berlin, helping them grow and continue their professional development.
- be the face of Office IT towards our country entities and the management, aligning expectations and translating business needs into (technical) action plans
- Manage the roadmap and stakeholder expectations for larger initiatives that can not happen all at once and in parallel.
- Set the strategy for how we can manage our internal IT centrally whilst giving the different countries the flexibility and variability they need to succeed.
- be fully responsible for the budget and costs of the Office IT
- Ensure the integration of tools, hardware and processes in case of new companies joining the Clark group
- Be the ultimate touch point for our suppliers, ensuring dependable relationships, negotiating prices and conditions and, where necessary, their replacement.
- Have at least 3 years of experience running internal IT services, in a multi-location / multi-country setup.
- Experience in design, planning and execution of complex IT infrastructure projects and understand how to manage portfolios of projects
- understand internal IT as a true customer-focused service that is aligned with business needs
- Excellent English skills both spoken and written and a solid command of German (at least B2, C1 preferred)
- are able to work in an agile multi-national organization
- know best practices of IT operational processes (ITIL).
- understand principles of flow and know Lean/Kanban / Agile methods
- have experience in managing SaaS services and digital workspaces (Google workspace, Slack, O365).
- have experience in Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence).
It’s a big plus, if you have previous experience
- in IT M&A projects with a proven track record is a big plus
- using automation to make processes more efficient
- We encourage and support your proactive initiatives, strong contributions and relevant ideas
- We support you if a relocation is necessary
- Want to inspire and share knowledge? We have you covered with our weekly Tech Brown Bag speech
- You get mobile working options including flexible working hours
- You participate in culture initiatives e.g., team events, impact days, our monthly team lunch & breakfast, friday events and much more
At CLARK we embrace diversity.
We are creating the ideal work environment for dedicated and talented people, no matter their ethnicity, identity, religion and age - we aim at giving everybody the same chances and opportunities.
Sounds exciting? You have no idea! We’re looking forward to reading your application.